Pro Life (Fullness of Life) Ministry
|Administration: Provides the planning and coordination needed to accomplish good thing.|
|Hospitality: Warmly welcoming and caring for those in need of food, shelter, and friendship.|
|Intercessary Prayer: My prayer for others enables God's love and deliverance to reach them in specific, remarkable ways.|
To organize, educate, and mobilize members of Our Lady of Angels Catholic Church on pro-life issues, to effect their action and to witness to God's intention: the sanctity of life. It is the wider objective "to promote respect for all human life and to assist preserving its dignity against any threat, whether of accidental or willful origin."
OBJECTIVES & GOALS:
This ministry seeks to draw upon the gifts, talents, and interests of our parishioners to provide the support and resources to help multiply these gifts and make them fruitful as we serve Him by being a servant to those who cannot speak for themselves.
Drawing on the US Bishops' Pastoral Plan for Pro-Life Activities, our pro-life activities are organized and supported under a 5-Point Plan of:
- Education (i.e. Speakers Bureau, Youth for Life, Spanish Ministry)
- Public Witness (i.e. Parish Coordination, Sidewalk Counseling)
- Civic Action
- Supportive Services (i.e. Project Rachel, Project Gabriel)
No Safe Environment Training required for those wishing to attend the Informational Social Meetings & Dinners or the many public events/activities such as the annual Bishop's Pro-Life Dinner, Hike for Life, Prayer Chain, Bowl-a-Thon, Christ Child Luncheon, etc.
However, those wishing to volunteer for one of the many ministry support groups such as Gabriel Angels, Speaker's Bureau, Youth-for-Life adult support member, Safe Environment Training, as stipulated by the Diocese of Dallas, is required.
Time required to volunteer in the various pro-life activities and/or support ministries is subject to each individual's personal response to God's call for them to uniquely participate in rebuilding the culture of life. Informational Social Meetings & Dinners are held on Friday evenings beginning at 7:00 PM during the months of June, September, February and the Bishop's Pro-Life Dinner held in March/April. Meeting dates/location are posted in the bulletin and are open to all to attend.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED:
- Prayer Presence outside local abortion centers: 1 hour per week, month or quarter
- Speaker for Speaker's Bureau at local Catholic high schools: 1 hour per talking engagement
- Gabriel Angel (mentor a mother in a crisis pregnancy): 1 phone call per week and meet in person monthly throughout the mother's pregnancy
- GEMS Education Program: 1 phone call per week and meet in person monthly a woman or couple seeking additional guidance and personal support to improve their life beyond the crisis pregnancy experience
- Abortion AfterCare Healing: Assist in coordination or participate in a weekend retreat held 2 - 4 times per year
- Youth for Life: Adults: Assist in coordination or participate in weekend youth retreats as few as a 3-hour shift; Youth: Attend weekend retreat(s) and/or become a Trained Speaker to other youth groups in the Diocese
- Catholic Pro-Life Committee Office Aide: Data Entry for as few as a 3-hour shift requested several times per year
- Annual Strike-for-Life Bowl-a-Thon: Go Bowling one afternoon in September to support life
- Annual Hike for Life: Go Hiking one morning the first Saturday in October to support life
- Annual Prayer Chain: Join a public Prayer Chain for 1 hour the first Sunday in October to be a witness for life
- Baby Banks: Collect those coins every day to donate to the Annual Baby Bank
The Our Lady of Angels Parish Coordinator has the primary responsibility to communicate to those within the parish the pro-life activities that are covered by the Nine Catholic Pro-Life Committee (CPLC) Ministries that support the 5-Point Plan noted above. Restoring a Culture of Life cannot be accomplished solely through a Ministry group; rather, it is accomplished by connecting with people one person at a time.
CONTACT: Shelley McPheeters, Pro Life (Fullness of Life) Ministry Coordinator
To learn more about each of these ministries, please visit www.prolifedallas.org.
|Training Information||Training Contacts|
Abortion Aftercard Healing
(The Rachel Ministries)
|Youth for Life||Jacquelyn Smith|
|Spanish Ministry||Aurora Tinajero|
|Civic Action||Lauren Muzyka|
|Speaker's Bureau||Sheree Havlik|
|GEMS Program||Patty Sherrod|